1. We are looking for footage where the visuals stand on their own without commentary. (Exception: If you are an on-the-spot eye witness we welcome your commentary.)
2. We know that it takes time to upload high quality footage but… we want the highest quality possible. (Our upload method is as fast as it can be.)
3. We can deal with pretty well any file format but try to send files which are as uncompressed as possible (.mov, .mp4 preferred).
If you have any questions about how to shoot or encode video we invite to you to ask questions on our forums.
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By uploading material to www.therealnews.com you agree that you are the owner of the material and have not copied the information without permission or where copyright may be infringed. You also acknowledge that by submitting material, you consent to The Real News Network/Independent World Television using the information for news development and webcasting, and for use on the Volunteer and Citizen Journalism Homepage of The Real News. Material may be defined as, but not restricted to news articles, pictures, images, illustrations, music files, video files, and other formats and diverse services.
The Real News Network will delete material uploaded in the following instances.
1) If the Member’s material damages, abuses, appropriates, threatens, or is harassment of another individual’s privacy, rights to announce pertinent information, or other legal rights.
2) If the Member’s material prints, mails, posts, distributes, or disseminates titles, names, material, or data that is illegal, inappropriate, profane, libelous, infringing, pornographic, or vulgar.
3) If the Member uploads files that contain viruses or are otherwise contaminated and as such can harm computers, or uploads similarly harmful software or programs.
4) If the Member advertises or sells products or services with commercial intent.