Social Media Strategist
The Real News Network seeks a seasoned Social Media Strategist with at least five years of experience managing high profile social media campaigns for a media or political organization. This position reports to the CEO and helps to secure the organization’s growth expectations.
TRNN is a news and documentary network producing independent and uncompromising journalism. Our news operation is based in Baltimore with national and international bureaus. The Real News Network investigates, reports and debates stories concerning the critical issues of our time. Our stories are viewed over 6 million times a month. The network is non-profit, supported by members, individual donors and foundations. We do not accept advertising, or government or corporate funding.
All applicants must reside in or be able to move to Baltimore, Maryland.
To help us expedite the hiring process all applications must include the following:
- A cover letter detailing why you want to work for TRNN
- An up to date resume
- Current references
- A case study of a recent successful social media campaign
The Social Media Strategist will report to the CEO and work to grow the size and engagement of our varied local, national and international communities. The position supports The Real News Network’s mission and helps to guide the organization’s strategic direction.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record developing social media strategies for media or political campaigns. Self-guidance, leadership and a passion for our mission are a must.
- Develop strategies to drive community growth on YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Advise our editorial team on creating content for social media, including headline writing best practices.
- Produce original video and graphic memes as well as promos for existing content.
- Drive social media fundraising campaigns and email list growth.
- Monitor the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance.
- Coordinate Facebook live posts as needed.
- Compile data across social media platforms and create weekly reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development.
- Track progress, execution and consistency of social advertising campaigns.
- Exhibits solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans.
- Demonstrate and understanding of and ability to facilitate and manage forecasting, budgeting and pacing, campaign creation and optimization.
- Display an understanding of business concepts and client objectives in order to identify campaign expansion opportunities.
- Possesses well developed analytical ability to extract insight from data and plan next steps across multiple marketing mediums.
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects under tight deadlines.
- Fulfil a diverse range of social media needs, including managing posting daily stories, marketing live events and assisting with fundraising campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least five years of experience managing high profile social media campaigns for a media or political organization.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively; strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Ability to build and implement annual strategic traffic growth plan
- Familiarity with social media analytics tools.
- Experience fundraising on social media.
- Ability to take direction from senior management and accept creative criticism
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently without close oversight when needed, and also work with a team and productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority, internally and externally
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A personal commitment to and deep understanding of The Real News’ mission.
- Demonstrated skills in cultural competence and a commitment to social justice.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
- An engaging and dynamic manner that demonstrates warmth and good humor when working with individuals.
- Personal qualities of maturity, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with responsibilities and experience, medical and dental plan, workers’ compensation insurance, paid time off, holidays, professional development opportunities, and travel reimbursement.
Please submit your application to [email protected] with “Social Media Strategist” in the subject line.
For more information about The Real News Network, please refer to our website at www.therealnews.com