The Real News Network: Booking Producer Job Posting
The Real News Network is looking for an experienced Booking Producer, for the daily news and documentary channel www.therealnews.com.
The Real News Network produces independent and uncompromising journalism. Our independence is maintained by not accepting advertising, government or corporate funding. The network is a non-profit, supported by members, individual donors and foundations. TRNN has its headquarters in Baltimore MD and offices in Toronto, Canada. TRNN stories garner over six million views a month.
If you are a highly organized, articulate news junkie, this is the job for you. The Booking Producer will work closely work with members of the editorial and studio teams at TRNN to book qualified experts, analysts, activists and newsmakers. You must be able to bring your own ideas and story pitches on a range of national and international issues to the table.
- Book a wide variety of guests that include local and national and international academics, politicians, activists, and analysts.
- Locate and secure guests in various fields, including, politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, economics, international law, community organizing, health/medicine, education, housing, etc.
- Stories focus on both domestic and international news
- Schedule these guests by coordinating with the studio calendar, hosts, studio team and the guests.
- Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests
- Write or gather introductions for guests
- Research and be well-read on news topics to find appropriate guests
- Send daily thank you emails to guests with links to their stories asking them to share with their Social Media platforms and Email lists.
- Manage all daily production in TRNN’s project management system (Basecamp) and Daily Production Schedules
- Maintain TRNN’s guest database (Capsule CRM)
- Coordinate with other producers to create and distribute a daily production schedule
- Coordinate with partner organizations’ communication staff to ensure we are on top of the news cycle
- On occasion, as the news cycle demands, work late and/or on weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MA in social sciences, history or politics would be helpful
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of and interest in international and domestic politics, as well as the Real News Network’s editorial vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially on the telephone and via email
- Highly organized, especially when multitasking
- Some journalistic or broadcast experience
- The ability to work well with a team, and in high-stress situations
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Technical savviness
- Ability to work on weekends and late nights on occasion
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
For more information about The Real News Network, please refer to our website at www.therealnews.com
TO APPLY, please submit an updated resume or CV, 2-3 professional references, and a one-page cover letter explaining why you want to work at the Real News. Writing samples are also encouraged.
All applications should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line: “Booking Producer Job Posting”