KMC » 10am - Jan 30, 2013
Juice Rap News - Episode 17: The War on Terra. It's 2013 and the world did not end by meteorite or by Mayan calendar. But fear not: we might just be able to get the job done ourselves. Join Robert Foster as he sets out to discover where Civilisation? is making the fastest progress towards annihilation. In this edition of the Civilisation Report, Robert learns about Australia and Canada - two oft-neglected pioneers of peace, progress and prosperity - in conversation with our antipodean colonial correspondent Ken Oathcarn and his Canuck counterpart, Fagin Heighbard. Dear viewers, consider this a fair warning that in terms of language and affront to the dominant culture this could get fucking messy.
- Written & created by Giordano Nanni & Hugo Farrant in a suburban backyard home-studio in Melbourne, Australia - on Wurundjeri Land.
- Gratitude to our donors whose generosity has made this episode possible. SUPPORT the creation of new episodes of Juice Rap News, an independent show which relies on private donations: ?http://thejuicemedia.com/donate??
** CONNECT with us:?
- Website: ?http://thejuicemedia.com?
- Twitter: ?http://twitter.com/juicerapnews?
- Farcebook: ?https://www.facebook.com/rapnews??
- FREE MP3: http://thejuicemedia.com/video ?
- LYRICS available here: ?http://thejuicemedia.com/video/lyrics
- Main Beat: the appropriately titled "Dangerous Times" by Red Skull: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpC1WEmmBYU
- Orchestral compositions: Adrian Sergovich (a legend)
- Alien Song performed by Jonathan Dreyfus (another legend) and AC/Dickelback, with Justin Olsson (drums). Based on "Englishman in New York" by Sting. Recorded, mixed and mastered by Jez Giddings and Craig Harnath at Hothouse Audio St. Kilda. Produced by Jez Giddings and Jonathan Dreyfus.
- Tar Sands video footage: our deepest thanks to Chris of Tundra Punks for putting us in touch with the awesome film-makers who are raising awareness about Mordo...err the Tar Sands and whose footage was used in this episode: Emmanuel Vaughan-Lee, Elias and Adrianne from globalonenessproject.org (Cinematography: Emily Topper; Rob Humphries; Editing: Elias Koch; Footage courtesy of Elemental The Film LLC http://www.elementalthefilm.com); Eriel Deranger of Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation; H2Oil animations are courtesy of Shannon Walsh; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOk0Fyov_2A (Animations by James Braithwaite, Dale Hayward & Sylvie Trouves: http://www.h2oildoc.com)
- Thanks to the one and only Franklin Lopez of http://submedia.tv (and Maude) for Canuck cultural consultation and advice. Make sure you check out his 'git'-wrenching film, END:CIV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-G1uhRqA
- Video and music editing: Giordano
- Image and website assistance: Zoe Tame http://visualtonic.com.au
- Props: Zoe Umlaut for creating our correspondents' microphones; and to Sam for lending us his guitars.
- Lastly, thanks to Lucy for assistance with filming and all-round production tasks!
** CAPTIONS: Merci to Koolfy from la Quadrature du Net for creating the sync'd English captions for our episodes!
- If you'd like to translate this episode into your language, please contact us via our website ?http://thejuicemedia.com/contact
** IMPORTANT LINKS:
History is happening! Here is information about what some humans are doing right now to help save what's left of our relationship with this planet.
For more info about Tar Sands, Idle No More; the Kimberleys and Lock the Gate struggles:
if you're optimistic, make sure you watch this documentary:
The War on Terra: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/War_on_Terra
Published on Jan 30, 2013