The Real News Network (TRNN) is a Baltimore based nonprofit video and documentary service that reports international, national, and local news. As a nonprofit we are supported by members, individual donors and foundations. We do not accept advertising or funding from governments or corporations. Since 2007 we have produced over 10,000 stories and have an average monthly viewership of a million people.
In this role the Development Intern will work with the development team to ensure donor retention and growth goals are met and assist with other fundraising duties as needed. The position supports The Real News Network's mission and helps to guide the organization's strategic direction. This position is in Baltimore, Maryland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Call and email donors whose credit cards have expired or otherwise decline
- Call and email lapsed donors
- Maintain accurate data on development activities using Excel and Salsa CRM
- Assist in regular donor outreach campaigns
- Help implement direct mail and email campaigns
- Participate in fundraising and cultivation events in the Baltimore area and beyond.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of The Real News’ story content, mission, and editorial values
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Comfortable in direct solicitation efforts
- Familiarity with or ability to learn and use Salsa CRM, Slack, Basecamp, and Trello
- Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated capacity to work both independently without close oversight and as a team player able to productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority internally and externally
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A personal commitment to and deep understanding of The Real News’ mission
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment
- An engaging and dynamic manner that demonstrates warmth and good humor when working with individuals
- Personal qualities of maturity, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All applicants should detail why they want to work for The Real News in their cover letter and make reference to our work and mission.
For more information about The Real News Network, please visit our website at www.therealnews.com