The Real News Network (TRNN) is a Baltimore based nonprofit video and documentary service that reports international, national, and local news. As a nonprofit we are supported by members, individual donors and foundations. We do not accept advertising or funding from governments or corporations. Since 2007 we have produced over 10,000 stories and have an average monthly viewership of a million people.
In this role the Development Assistant will work with the development team to ensure donor retention goals are met and assist with other fundraising duties as needed. The position supports The Real News Network's mission and helps to guide the organization's strategic direction. This position is in Baltimore, Maryland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Call and email donors whose credit cards have expired or otherwise declined
- Call and email lapsed donors.
- Maintain accurate data on development activities using Excel and Salsa CRM
- Assist in regular donor outreach campaigns
- Help implement direct mail and email campaigns
- Participate in fundraising and cultivation events in the Baltimore area and beyond
- Develop relationships with local organizations to better outreach efforts
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of The Real News’ content, mission, and editorial values
- At least one year of experience working with a nonprofit, especially in development or fundraising, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Ability to comfortably engage in direct solicitation efforts
- Familiarity with or ability to learn and use Salsa CRM, Slack, Basecamp, and Trello
- Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated capacity to work both independently without close oversight and as a team player able to productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority internally and externally
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated personal commitment to and deep understanding of The Real News’ mission
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment
- An engaging and dynamic manner that demonstrates warmth and good humor when working with individuals
- Personal qualities of maturity, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends when needed
Salary commensurate with responsibilities and experience.
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All applicants should detail why they want to work for The Real News in their cover letter and make reference to our work and mission.
For more information about The Real News Network, please refer to our website at www.therealnews.com