The Real News Network DC Bureau is a Capitol Hill-accredited non-profit, independent news network producing independent and uncompromising journalism. Our news operation is headquartered in Baltimore with bureaus in Washington, D.C. and Toronto, Canada. The Real News Network investigates, reports and debates stories concerning the critical issues of our time. Our stories are viewed over 6 million times a month and we do not accept advertising, government or corporate funding.
Videographer/Editor Internship Summary
We will be launching a live program on Capitol Hill and we're looking for tech-savvy, energetic students who want to the experience of editing and shooting on Capitol Hill. You must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, majoring in media, communications, broadcasting, and/or related fields. The internship may also be applied towards academic or work-study credit for students willing to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, to fulfill their requirements. Some remote work may be required. You will only need to be available Tuesday-Thursday.
You will be given the opportunity to be involved in every technical aspect of production with substantial room for creativity.
Videographer/Editor Intern Responsibilities
Interns will learn and expand their knowledge and skills under the supervision of the TRNN Washington Bureau Chief. During the course of their internship, students will learn the basics of studio production, from pre-production to post-production through the following (duties are not limited to this list):
* Shooting, lighting for stand ups, interviews, and press conferences * Editing packages
* Coordinating with Baltimore office on technical matters
* Executing a finished journalism piece for your resume reel
Videographer/Editor Intern Qualifications
* On track with accredited university’s degree requirements * Organized equipment manager
* Ability to communicate well in a professional environment * Experience with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro a must
* Experience shooting with HD cameras and reasonable knowledge of audio * Punctual and proactive with a willingness to learn
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Deadline and detail-oriented
Please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitting a reel/portfolio is not a requirement for application, however, it is preferred. Due to the volume of applications received, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. No mail submissions or phone calls, please. The Real News Network (Independent World Television) is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your application to email@example.com--- application deadline December 31st.