The Real News Network is a news and documentary network producing independent and uncompromising journalism. Our news operation is based in Baltimore, from where we produce daily news pieces with a global focus. Our stories are viewed over 6 million times a month. The network is non-profit, supported by members, individual donors and foundations. We do not accept advertising or funding from governments or corporations.
And we want to welcome interns into our TRNN family!
TRNN is currently looking for energetic students enrolled in an accredited college or university, majoring in media, communications, broadcasting, and/or related fields. The internship may also be applied towards academic or work-study credit for students willing to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, to fulfill their requirements.
Interns will learn and expand their technical knowledge and skills under the supervision of TRNN studio technical staff. During the course of their internship, students will learn the inner workings of a studio, from pre-production to post-production through:
* Researching and editing broll
* Performing successful technical checks
* Learning proper setups for a variety of studio shoots
* Tricaster 255 operation
* Tracking assets on multiple servers
* Hands-on experience with studio equipment
* Using FCP/CS6 editing software to edit pieces
* Upkeep of various project management software
* On track with accredited university’s degree requirements
* Beginner to intermediary skills in editing software (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere)
* Basic knowledge of camera and microphone controls
* Experience with all Google Applications, a plus (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.)
* Punctual and proactive with a willingness to learn
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Tech savvy
* Deadline and detail-oriented
Please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for professional references via email to email@example.com. Submitting a reel/portfolio is not a requirement for application, however, it is preferred. Due to the volume of applications received, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. No mail submissions or phone calls, please.
The Real News Network (Independent World Television) is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org