Baltimore Studios is downtown’s largest and most versatile production facility. Loaded with top industry grade equipment, our three state-of-the-art studios can accommodate an array of full service options for video and audio production, photography, and live switching/ streaming. Our largest studio’s staging and lighting options allow for beautiful conversion into a space for corporate conferences, lectures, parties, screenings, and performances.
Baltimore Studios operates inside of The Real News Network’s building. The Real News Network is a nonprofit news and documentary network producing independent and uncompromising journalism.
Develop and execute studio rental plan for Baltimore Studios. Identify potential studio users and make them aware of our facility. Maintain record and results of contacts. Coordinate sales visits to the studios. Close or assist in closing deals.
* Assess, identify and contact businesses, promoters, non-profits, producers, and organizations to sell venue space for shoots and events to obtain financial support for Baltimore Studios; research and screen prospective clients.
* Conduct telephone solicitation and face-to-face meetings.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with existing customers in order to increase retention and revenue base in an ever-changing and competitive market. Monitor customer satisfaction; identify new funding opportunities from existing customers and collect payments.
* Define contracts, write letters and proposals; work with administrative support to maintain customer files and correspondence; prepare reports concerning activities.
* Interface with other departments (studio and editorial) in scheduling shoots/events and establishing proposals.
* Work with The Real News team to establish and support process to fully service clients from sales cycle through event execution.
* Establish a comprehensive sales plan with strategic, goal oriented directives, which includes creation of media kits, tailored presentations, data management, budget monitoring and strong client relations.
* Set, meet, evaluate, and even exceed sales goals in venue rental profits.
* Develop client contact system including standards and guidelines for initial sale call through contract proposal and client acquisition.
* Responsible for developing a wide network of contacts through community networking events.
* Follow-up with clients after shoots/engagements for quality control, endorsements, and feedback.
* High school education or equivalent.
* Associate's Degree or higher in related field
Skills and Experience:
* Customer service skills
* Communication skills
* Creativity in sales methods; ability to think on one's feet
* Experience using Salesforce is a plus
* 3-5 years of sales experience preferred, with a successful track record of meeting quotas.
* Excellent written and verbal communications
* Ability to accept constructive criticism, as well as assess and incorporate suggestions
* Strong presentation skills
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
* Oriented to and motivated by success
* Lives in Baltimore
* Energetic and outgoing, thoughtful listener, excellent interpersonal skills
* Mature, capable of tailoring outreach to potential customer or client
* Self-motivated to create and carry out sales campaigns with minimal supervision
* Able to work proactively and independently.
* The ability to manage multiple projects/responsibilities at once.
* Tech savvy, comfortable working with cloud-based management tools.
* Ability to travel to conferences preferred
* Ownership of a laptop and a cell phone.
Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
* Benefits package available.
For more information about The Real News Network, please refer to our website at www.therealnews.com
The Real News Network (TRNN) is a non-profit, viewer supported, daily video news and documentary service that operates from The Real News Media Center in downtown Baltimore.
Please send your application to email@example.com