The Real News Network is currently seeking an experienced Studio Technician to join our team in Baltimore, MD.
The Real News Network is a news and documentary network producing independent and uncompromising journalism. Our news operation is based in Baltimore with bureaus in Washington, D.C.; Toronto, Canada; Cairo, Egypt; Tel Aviv, Israel/Palestine; and soon in China. The Real News Network investigates, reports and debates stories concerning the critical issues of our time. Our stories are viewed over 6 million times a month. The network is non-profit, supported by members, individual donors and foundations. We do not accept advertising, or government or corporate funding.
The Studio Technician's major responsibilities are to edit news stories shot using Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro and to work in the studio, working the cameras for in studio shoots, operate the lights on a lighting grid and working the audio on a mixer board with lavalier microphones. This position is also responsible for working camera and audio for outdoor field shoots, events, interviews and getting good sound and picture.
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Bachelor's degree in related field of study or equivalent years of experience is preferred.
* 2 - 5 years of experience in the field.
* Experience with basic audio equipment including lavalier, stick mics and boom microphones.
* Experience in Teleprompter software.
* Experience with studio lighting grid.
Skills and Abilities:
* Basic operational knowledge of Sony cameras.
* Knowledge of video conference softwares (Zoom and Skype preferred).
* Knowledge of various Google Applications.
* Basic to expert knowledge in project management platforms such as Basecamp and Dataminder.
* Familiar with routing audio/visual feeds using Black Magic routing system.
* Efficient with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere.
* Adobe CS6, more specifically AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator.
* Efficiently edit video with software, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro.
* Great understanding of continuous lighting for video.
* Ability to operate studio cameras (Sony NXCams and XDCams specifically).
* Ability to navigate through Windows and Apple operating systems.
* Ability to operate video and sound for field shoots.
* Ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
* Benefits package available.
Please send your application to email@example.com