The 200K Challenge
Please support uncompromising journalism with a *tax-deductible donation. All donations will be matched until we reach 200K.
|Starts November 20||*Donations in the US and Canada are tax-deductible|
POSITION: Social Media Campaign Producer
LOCATION: Baltimore -Washington Area
REPORTS TO: Co-Director of New Technology
SALARY: Compensation negotiable based on experience (competitive with non-profit news media sector)
Start Date: Immediately
IWT - The Real News Network is a news and documentary network producing independent and uncompromising journalism. Our news operation is based in Washington DC with bureaus in Baltimore, MD, Toronto, Canada, Cairo, Egypt, Tel Aviv, Israel/Palestine and soon in China. The Real News Network investigates, reports and debates stories concerning the critical issues of our time. Our stories are viewed over 6 million times a month. The network is non-profit, supported by members, individual donors and foundations. We do not accept advertising, government or corporate funding.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record in Social Media fundraising campaigns. This means that the person has actively participated in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, on line community development and management, social networking commenting, engaging donors resulting in actual funds for a political campaign or a organization. The candidate should be well-connected with the broader social media world. You must be thinking strategically, but be willing and able to roll up your sleeves to help implement the programs.
Responsibilities: must be eager to take on the following
* Membership Relations – engaging and expanding the TRNN membership while exponentially increasing their contributions.
* In collaboration with the TRNN Management team create a comprehensive social media strategy to define programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all TRNN brands and implement and manage social media programs
* Design, Plan and execute Membership Campaigns
* Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities (“marketing R&D”)
*Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at The Real News.
* Strategize with and educate the management team and others across the company on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services
* Managing a fundraising pipeline
* Design, collate and analyze membership surveys
* Measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts
Experience – the ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
* Social media tools and techniques
* Utilizing a CRM to manage members (CiviCRM, Salesforce etc)
* Marketing (traditional, new media, guerilla and ‘word of mouth’)
* Implementing On-line Campaigns
* Product marketing
* Project management
* Proven creativity in raising funds using social media
* Eagar to communicate by phone
* Ability to organize
* Willingness to experiment
* Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage or participate in cross-functional teams
* Doggedness and determination
* Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
* Excellent writing skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
* Sense of humor
Application Contact: Ziggy West Jeffery
Closing Date: January 30, 2011 (apply as soon as possible)
Subject line must read: Social Media Campaign Producer